Kiwi Classic Banana Cake
65g butter (or coconut oil if you are dairy free - make sure the oil is hardened not liquid)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line or grease a loaf or cake tin
2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter (or coconut oil) and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined.
4. Add banana and beat until just combined
5. In a separate bowl, combine the almond and coconut flours as well as the baking powder. Mix to combine.
6. In a small heatproof pan, or in a microwave safe small bowl in your microwave, heat the milk until close to boiling.
7. While the milk is heating, add the liquid mix to the dry and mix well to combine.
8. When the milk is ready, add the baking soda, give it a quick stir until the mix starts to foam, then add it to the cake batter. Mix to combine then pour in to the prepared baking tin.
9. Bake for around 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a skewer or knife comes out clean
10. Cool in the tin for about 5-10 minutes then on a wire rack until cool...actually you don't have to wait that long because this tastes soooo good when it's still warm!