Peanut Butter or Chocolate CookiesGluten-free, dairy-free (optional), soy-free, nut-free (if you don't use peanut butter), free of refined sugar
1 cup flour (we used brown rice flour)
100g butter or coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp baking soda
Peanut butter cookies
Add 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
Add 3 tbsp cocoa and 1 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper
3. In a bowl combine flour and baking soda. Set aside
4. In a small pot over a low heat, combine butter or oil, honey, and vanilla essence. Heat until just liquid
5. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough
6. Split the mixture evenly into 2 small bowls.
7. To one bowl, add the peanut butter. Mix well to combine evenly
8. To the other bowl, add the cocoa and honey. Mix well to combine evenly.
9. Roll the doughs in to small evenly sized balls and flatten gently with a fork.
10. Bake for around 5-8 minutes (depending on the size of the cookies you have made) until golden brown.
11. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray, then transfer to.a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can choose which type of flour you would like to use. We used brown rice, but you could use spelt, regular, almond...whatever works for your dietary choices. If you choose to use almond or coconut flour, you may have to adapt the quantity of liquid you use to make the dough.
- The options are limited only by your imagination for these. Use the base cookie mixture and then go wild with whatever flavour you would like. You may have to add a little more liquid or a little more flour depending on what you are adding (ie if you are adding dry ingredients such as cocoa you may like to add a little more honey, oil, or milk; if you are adding wet ingredients such as banana you may want to add a couple of tbsp more flour)