This recipe is free of gluten, grains, diary, soy, and refined sugar. You could also make it nut free if you chose an alternative flour to replace the almond flour - for example coconut flour if you are trying to stay away from grains, or rice flour or maybe spelt or buckwheat flour would also work. If you are changing the flour you will need to adjust your quantities accordingly as each flour will have its own level of moisture absorption.
Rhubarb and Cinnamon CakeGluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, free of refined sugar
2 cups fresh rhubarb, finely diced
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line a square cake tin with baking paper
2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon). Mix to combine
3. In a blender, or in a bowl with a whisk, combine the eggs, honey, and vanilla. Blend or whisk until well combined and eggs are aerated
4. Pour the liquid mixture in to the dry mix. Give it a stir, then add the rhubarb and mix to ensure even distribution
5. Pour the mixture in to the prepared baking tin.
6. Bake for around 25 minutes or until golden on top and just firm to touch