|Crumble - ready to rumble! (the rhyming is addictive!)|
|Golden, crispy crumble on a moist apple muffin...Mmm!|
Apple Crumble Muffins
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, soy-free, free of refined sugar
2 cups diced apple (I used cooked apple as I had some in the fridge and wanted to have the extra moisture, but if you can't be bothered with the extra step you can use raw apple instead - just dice it into fairly small pieces so they cook in the oven)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup walnut flour (make your own by pulsing raw walnuts in a blender until a flour forms)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup coconut thread
1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts
1 cup diced apple (again you can use either cooked or raw - I used cooked)
1 tsp cinnamon
Optional: You can add a tbsp or 2 of honey to the muffin recipe if you like a little more sweetness, and add a tsp or 2 to the crumble to create a bit of a caramel taste
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with liners.
2. Whisk together the eggs and oil
3. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (walnut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt). Give them a good mix around.
4. Add the apple to the egg mix, give it a good mix, then pour into the dry ingredients. Fold the wet into the dry, ensuring ingredients are evenly distributed.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumble topping.
6. 3/4 fill the holes of the muffin tin with the muffin mixture, then top with tablespoons of crumble.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes. You will probably want to check the muffins half way through and cover with tinfoil to stop the crumble from burning. The muffins are done when they are no longer 'squishy' to touch