The garlic chicken is basically just meat and garlic stir-fried and served on top of steamed rice (or you can substitute cauliflower rice if you prefer, or even serve in lettuce cups).
This is the perfect super simple weeknight meal as it takes only minutes to make and is delicious served with a side of steamed broccoli or wilted asian vegetables (such as bok choy flash fried in a dash of oyster sauce).
Thai Garlic ChickenGluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free
500g chicken tenderloin or breast (or thigh, or any meat of your choice!), thinly sliced
8 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
1 spring onion, sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup chicken stock or water
fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok over a high heat
2. Add the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds until starting to just turn brown.
3. Add the chicken and fry until cooked through, stirring frequently.
4. Add the stock or water, fish sauce, pepper, and spring onions. Cook for about 1 minute until onions are just softened.
5. Serve on top of steamed rice, cauliflower rice, lettuce cups, or accompaniment of your choice, with a side of steamed green vegetables. Top with fresh coriander to garnish