Banana Choc Chunk MuffinsGluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free (option to make them nut-free and refined sugar-free)
2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup coconut culinary flour (or 1/2 cup regular coconut flour)
1/2 cup almond flour (or sunflower flour or an extra 1/4 cup coconut flour for a nut free option)
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut milk
4 medium bananas, mashed
50g 85% chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and/or line a 12 hole muffin tin
2. Combine eggs, oil, vanilla, honey, and apple cider vinegar in a cake mixer (or use a hand-held blender). Blend until well combined
3. Combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl. Add to bowl with wet ingredients and blend for a minute or two to combine.
4. Combine bananas and coconut milk. Add to cake mix, and blend for 30 seconds to combine.
5. Add chocolate and mix in with a spoon. Ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
6. Evenly fill holes of muffin tin, and bake for 25 minutes until golden on top and just firm to touch