These Banana Pancakes contain only a handful of ingredients and can be made very quickly. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free, soy-free and free of refined sugar. A fantastic healthy, clean alternative to the traditional heavy pancake breakfast. I served these ones with fresh blueberries and grilled banana chips but you could use any fruit you like, or top with coconut yogurt or coconut ice-cream to make them into a dessert treat
Banana PancakesGluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and free of refined sugar
3 large bananas
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
coconut oil or butter to cook
Optional - if you prefer a sweeter pancake, you can add 1-2 tbsp of sweetener to the batter (such as honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar)
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. On a plate, mash the bananas then add to the eggs.
2. Add the coconut flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well to combine
3. In a large frying pan over a medium heat, heat about 1 tsp of coconut oil. Add about 1/8 cup pancake batter to the pan and spread gently to create a circle.
4. Cook until golden brown on the bottom (about 1 minute) then flip and cook for about 1 minute on the other side.
5. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used. The amount of pancakes you make will depend on how big you make the pancake.
6. Top with fresh fruit and serve straight away