Chocolate Brownie Santa Hats
The next recipe I have been putting together today is a big tray of these incredibly moreish Roasted Herby Mixed Nuts. Yum! I put together a mix of raw nuts, added oil and freshly chopped herbs, and roasted gently. I then place them in a small glass jar with a Christmas bow, and voila - yummy homemade christmas gift! You can use any mix of nuts that you like. These nuts are not only a great gift, but would also be an ideal addition to your pre-dinner snacks for your christmas party.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, soy-free, sugar-free
Roasted Herby Mixed Nuts
1/2 a cup each of any combination of raw nuts (I used cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts).
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (I used half thyme, half rosemary. You can use dried if you don't have fresh available)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
a couple of grinds of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 150C. Line a cookie tray (with slight sides) with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl, place all of the nuts and the oil and mix to combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Tip the herb mix into the nuts and mix well to ensure a nice even coating.
5. Place in the oven, and cook until light golden brown (about 10-15 minutes, but keep a close eye on them as they can turn quite easily.
If you are making as a gift, allow the nuts to cool, then place into a small jar and tie a christmas themed ribbon.