Apple, Feijoa and Raspberry Crumble
- 2 cups Feijoa flesh (not sure how many feijoas, very dependent on the size of feijoa you have)
- 4 medium apples, cored and diced into 1-2cm pieces (skin on preferably for nutrients, but whatever you prefer).
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tsp raw honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- juice of half a lemon
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (you can use desiccated, I just prefer the look and texture of the shredded for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (you could use half coconut oil and half butter if you are not dairy-free)
- 1tsp allspice
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 8 dried dates
- 1/8th cup boiling water (you can use 6 Medjool dates if preferred in which case you do not need the boiling water)
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160 fan-bake) and get out an ovenproof dish (approx. 25x15cm, but just whatever you have is fine).
2. If you are using the dried dates for the crumble topping, pour the boiling water over them and leave to soften for about 10 minutes.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook until softened (to your liking).
6. When the apples are ready add them to the feijoas in the baking dish along with the lemon zest. I just put the honey as three blobs on top of the fruit mixture as it will melt in the oven, but you could add it in with the apples if you wanted it pre-melted.
7. Sprinkle raspberries over the top of the rest of the fruit.
9. Tip into a bowl and mix in the shredded coconut. The mixture will end up a kind of moist lumpy, crumbly kind of consistency.