Had the youngest rascal home today while the older ratbag was at a birthday party, so we decided to do a spot of baking to pass the day. Between the two of us we came up with the ultimate flavour comination...feijoa, raspberry and chocolate. YUM! I was thinking Feijoa and Chocolate and then Mia suggested raspberry... Genius!
So here we are... the recipe for the yummiest feijoa muffins ever!
Feijoa, Raspberry. and Dark Chocolate Muffins
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free (optional), soy-free, free of refined sugar (optional)
1 cup almond flour
1/4 coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup dark choc chips of your choice
25g feijoa flesh, pureed
2 eggs, whisked
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup ghee (or butter or coconut oil), melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180. Line or grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda. Mix to blend
3. Gently heat your choice of fat (ghee, butter, or coconut oil) over a low heat along with the honey. Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
4. Combine the pureed feijoa and the whisked eggs, then add the fat mixture. Mix well to combine.
5. Add the liquid mix to the dry. Blend well to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips and the frozen raspberries
6. Spoon the mixture evenly in to the muffin tin. The recipe makes about 8-10 muffins depending on how big you make them
7. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch
8. Remove from oven then allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, Once cool to touch, remove the the tin and cool on a wire rack.